Sunday, April 5, 2015

Homemade peanut butter

Before I started the 21 Day Fix, I wondered what we would do about peanut butter. My husband is obsessed with it. Jars of peanut butter have so much added sugars and salts. Luckily I found something so simple that will completely blow your mind. A friend and coach of mine was so generous to share this tip with me! All you need is a food processor.

INGREDIENTS: 
Jar of unsalted roasted peanuts 
Sea salt 

Directions: 
Place peanuts in food processor. Pulse until it's in powder form. Run the food processor constantly until the peanut butter becomes smooth. Add a little sea salt for taste. 

That's it! Crazy, right? Trust me, it works and you won't be disappointed. 

3 comments:

  1. Great tip there! This will come in handy for summertime with the kids at home. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Lori! I hope you enjoy it. You could also add a little bit of sugar to make it sweeter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,

    I make my own peanut butter too, although I use Alton Brown's recipe. I don't use pre-roasted peanuts, I roast them myself. Although skinning them is a huge pain. I might give your recipe a try the next time I make a batch.

    ReplyDelete