Thursday, March 12, 2015

Simple Dinner

There are times when I get home from work and I need to have a quick dinner, yet still stay within my guidelines of the 21 day fix. My first tip: check your local grocery store ads to get good deals on your meats. Buying bulk chicken, pork, or turkey can save you a lot of time. It's also important to watch ads for deals on vegetables and fruits. Sometimes stores have over stock and sell perfectly good produce for cheap. This dinner was made from different sales my local Hyvee had.

RECIPE: 
(2) Pork loin (2 red) 
(1) Red pepper (1 green)
(1) green container mushrooms 
(1) yellow container sweet potatoes 

DIRECTIONS: 
Cook the pork loin, peppers, and mushrooms in the skillet. (Now that it's nice, you could grill the pork!) Dice your sweet potatoes thin and put them on a cooking sheet. Roast in oven set at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. I always season mine with a little sea salt and pepper. If you want a sweeter touch, you could add cinnamon. I season the pork with sweet basil and garlic. Simple and delicious. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment