Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!

Good evening friends!

Tonight I wanted to touch base on a couple of things. 1. I've had a lot of people talk about the new "diet" I'm on and 2. I made a new recipe! 

First off, the diet question. The 21 day fix isn't something that we plan on stopping. This is a commitment that we've made to a different lifestyle. It's clean/healthy eating, portion control, and a regular exercise regimen. It's what we SHOULD be doing anyway. It isn't some crazy pill or strict food plan. It's actually very simple. If you have ANY questions, please feel free to email me! My email is located in the about me section. 

2. I made a delicious dinner tonight. I cooked a beef roast in the crockpot ALL night on low. I seasoned it lightly because who are we kidding, the natural flavor is amazing! (sea salt and pepper of course) I then put it in a bowl and cooked some potatoes in the juices all day. Talk about delicious! The potatoes count for yellows and the meat counts for reds. Easy as pie! I also had a side of cottage cheese (red) with a little lemon pepper seasoning. If you've never tried that, I highly recommend it. There really wasn't a special recipe for this, but it's a comfort food that's simple. We also bought a bbq sauce that's organic and sugar free. I bought it in the organic section at Hyvee. I've found a recipe for homemade bbq sauce, but I wasn't able to make it today. I will be making it for a future blog post! 

Have a great night! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate.

    You sight looks wonderful! I really like the font that you chose for your title and headings. I also like the contrast of the bright flatware in the background that offsets your content boxes. Then, of course, your photos look absolutely delicious.

    I may have tried cottage cheese once, but this photo gives it the appearance of mashed potatoes with sour cream and maybe some pepper sprinkled on the top.

    Having a variety of options for healthy eating is always a plus. So, I appreciate you breaking down the concept of the 21-Day Fix and for just sharing simple healthy recipes.

    I look forward to making some of these in the near future. When I do I'll share pictures :)

    Sharaya

    ReplyDelete